Friday, October 24

Mr. Raindrop

Here For You - Firehouse

It's a rainy friday as i typed out this post on my blog. I had taken a day of sick leave today as I'm really not feeling well. I just came back from the poly clinic and was diagnosed with Flu by the doctor there. I heard that she was sick too from flu as well and from the last sms, she told me that she is going to see the doctor. I had not heard anything from her yet maybe i will msg her to ask how was it.

I think that it had been raining for the last 48 hours already. Mostly light-drizzle but the weather now is very cooling. It's a great time to sleep, i think the last time i experienced such "great weather" was during March 2008. This is one of the most memorable month for me. It's tiring but i experienced first hand on why we need national service in Singapore. Terrorist threat are very real and we must not let it happened in Singapore no matter what. It don't just threatened lives but also threatened the economy. If we couldn't protect our economy, foreign investors will not be encouraged to invest here, tourists will feel unsafe to travel here etc. This will definately affect the money going into this country. Speaking of economies, the world is currently facing a recession of sort. It all started in the US where investment banks made the investments into housing and for some reasons, it burst. This sent many investment banks such as Lehman Brothers into bankruptcy. AIG was "saved" at the last minute by the US government's bailout. Soon Europe follows the suit and since most of the Asian economies are linked to US dollars, the whole world is currently in sort of a recession. Eventhough many are losing monies but it's not as bad as the 1997 Asian Economic Crisis. I had faith in our government eventhough we might felt the affect for the next few months to years but there are also lights at the end of the tunnel.

However this thing came at the worst of times. I'm going to the workforce next year and i'm really worried on whether about the prospect to find a healthy job. Hope everything goes well.