Friday, September 9

Blogging this in the early friday morning. I really do think that my sleeping timing had been messed up. Haiz...

Anyway, Kelvin Wei Lian is the Grand Champion of Project Superstar. I'm happy too as his song really do touched me. Especially when he sang "Gu Dan De Ye Li Wo Bu Gu Dan". The english title for this song is "In the lonely nights, I'm not lonely." Eventhough he is the champion however his journey to superstardo was always dogged with controversy such as sympathy votes etc. I personally thinks that sympathy votes can only happened once or twice but it cannot accompany a person all the way. He is being signed with Play Music which is the sister company of Music Street that brings out the talent of Ocean Ou De Yang, Zhang Dong Liang, Guo MeiMei etc. I got to admit that Universal Music is bigger than Play Music but they are living on reputation currently. The reason i said this is because they failed to have any break-through album in the recent years. Even Slyvester, who was signed by Sony-BMG failed to make any mark even on the local music scene. Universal Music had high profile flopped such as Celest Chong debut album in 2001 as well as Tanya Chua's album not reaching it's expected 100,000 marks. But Play Music had been very active recently, they had best sellers in Ou De Yang, Twins, Guo MeiMei, Zhang Dong Liang, Cyndi Wang etc. I believed that the future looks bright for Wei Lian instead of Kelly.

Death is a very sad and farewell to a person. Eventhough this person is not close to me, but still i can feel the sense the sadness when she passed away last sunday after just being diagnosed with 3rd stage of the lung cancer. It's quite a surprised to all as doctor gave her 6months but she passed away in just 6days. My condolences to her family and God gave them the strength to carry on living as she is beside him watching over them now.